Friday, June 17, 2011

Intro

July 2007 Entry 1

I've been using personal computers for almost 30 years, and Ive been online in one form or another since the mid-80's. I've been very active in email lists and support groups, but this is the first time I've written a regularly updated blog. I read somewhere that it takes about 5 or so posts for a blogger to find his voice, so bear with me for a week or so. By that time I'll have sorted out the tons of information available and narrowed my focus for this blog enough to be a solid source of information on privacy and information security for both the home and the small business.

On a daily basis I will be watching security holes being found in various operating systems and softwares and looking at any data breaches and how they may effect you. About once a week I will examine a security or privacy topic and how you can protect yourself.

Among the topics I will cover are PGP/GPG, Phishing, 'Virus, Worms, and Trojans', data-mining, and Microsofts new search profiling technology, to name a few. I hope you find it all interesting and informative.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that some employers look at what's on the web for their job applicants. You might consider all the things you post about yourself part of your resume.

    David

    ReplyDelete